At Polar Windows we provide a number of glazing options to suit the style of your home, as well as improving your energy efficiency.
We can provide obscure (patterned) glass, available in a variety of different designs that can be used in all of our windows, doors and conservatories, where extra privacy is required, such as in entrance doors, bathrooms or a conservatory side that adjoins your neighbours.
The glass that you use in your windows can help your home be more energy efficient; by using glass produced by Saint-Goban Planitherm (SGP) in your windows you will improve the energy efficiency of your home; reducing you CO2 emissions and saving money on your heating bills. SGP glass is part of the Energy Saving Recommended (ESR) scheme and is more effective than single or standard double-glazing, it will help to:
- Improve the energy efficiency of your home
- Reduce the amount of energy you use
- Save you money on your heating bills
How Planitherm Works
Planitherm is different to standard double-glazing as it works in two ways. It reduces the amount of heat lost through your windows and it also allows more heat (energy) from the sun in through the window. This effect is known as solar gain; as it comes from the sun it won’t cost you a penny!
What’s more, windows containing Planitherm can achieve the EST’s Energy Saving Recommended status, when used with a suitable framing material it will normally achieve a minimum Window Energy Rating of C and can be upgraded to B or A by the addition of Argon gas filling or warm edge spacer bar technology. Planitherm Insulating Glass Units (IGU) are manufactured by approved licensed IGU processors then fabricated and sold through approved registered window companies across the country. Installing Planitherm will help reduce your household’s energy usage and CO2 emissions.
Saint-Gobain Bio Clean:
Saint-Gobain Glass (SGG) Bioclean self-cleaning glass will revolutionise the way you clean your windows; it has been designed for external use, either in the home or commercial buildings, both new build and refurbishment projects including:
- Windows and patio doors
- Conservatories, balconies and overhead glazing
- Glazed facades, exterior shop fronts and display windows, overhead and atria glazing, street furniture
- Hard areas to reach
SGG Bioclean can be used in all environments and is particularly effective in heavily polluted areas (e.g. near industrial estates and airports) and it must be installed vertically or in an inclined position, the advantages include:
- The Most neutral self-cleaning glass available – no tint or reflective surface – looks just like normal glass
- Much easier cleaning – less dirt and grime adheres to the glass
- Less frequent cleaning – windows stay cleaner for longer
- Save Money – the cost of window cleaning is reduced
- Ideal for hard to reach areas
- Available in a range of colours
- Permanent coating – lasts the lifetime of the window
- Environmentally friendly – less frequent use of water and detergents
- Now available with an advanced performance solar control coating.
How it Works
SGG Bioclean harnesses the power of both UV light from the sun and rain to efficiently combat dirt and grime that accumulates on the outside of the window (dried water marks, organic atmospheric pollutants, dust, sea spray and insect residues). The performance of the self-cleaning action can vary depending on the amount and the type of dirt the windows are exposed to, the total exposure to light and rain the glass will receive and the incline of the window. To activate the coating, the glass must be exposed to natural light for several days; the length of time required will depend on the season and the orientation of the glass.